What to Know Before You Arrive
The following are rules and regulations that apply at all times at our marinas.
- Quiet hours are 22:00 to 07:00.
- Generators cannot be run from 21:00 to 07:00
- Docks must be kept free and clear of all personal items (bikes, scooters, dinghies, waste, etc.)
- While on the docks, children under the age of 12 years SHOULD be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- All pets visiting the marinas MUST BE ON A LEASH and accompanied by their owners at all times. Owners are responsible for cleaning up any pet waste deposited at GVHA facilities. Baggies are provided on the docks.
- For safety reasons, rollerblading, skateboarding, bicycle or scooter riding is not permitted on GVHA docks or the Lower Causeway walkway.
Line & Electrical Usages:
- Lines must be adequate and sufficient in such a way as to be safe in any type of weather. Nylon or polypropylene lines are not acceptable.
- Use of electricity, if not previously arranged, requires immediate payment
- Electrical connections to vessels must be marine grade power cords with watertight molded plugs that meet fire regulations and the local electrical code. The following criteria are mandatory:
- 20 amp plug requires minimum 12/3 wire
- 30 amp plug requires minimum 10/3 wire
- All cords must be suitable for outdoor use
- No sailing or anchoring is permitted within the harbour
- Harbour Regulations are administered by Transport Canada and are strictly enforced by the Harbour Master and the Harbour Patrol.
- Prior to berthing, please hail GVHA dock staff on VHF 66A for a moorage assignment. Moorage is available on a first-come, first-serve basis unless a reservation is made (see Reservation Information).
- If Victoria is your port of entry into Canada, please report to the Canada Customs dock for clearance prior to requesting moorage. You must contact Canada Border Services Agency at 1-888-226-7277 before arrival in Canada on a recreational vessel.